Friday, March 27, 2009

BBC SITE!!

I think that internet sites are very interesting and these are more interesting if you could learn something about them. This is the case of BBC site, that in my opinion it is not like the typical sites to learn English in which you don't really learn anything.

The first thing that I did when I visited BBC website I was to look at things about pronunciation, because this semester I have "Phonetic" in the univeristy and I'm really scared about that, so each time that I look at something related to it I have a look at that. I really liked it, because it is very useful to people like me- I have an awful pronunciation and talk is not my strength. Really I was a lot of time looking at it. It has a many videos and quizes to practice what you learn there.

Also I looked at a lot of material to help teachers to prepare their lessons.
On the other hand, I looked at a recipe "lemon potatoes" because I like to cook, but really woudn't like prepare that because I don't think it is a tasty dish. I prefer barbecues!!!

In general, I think that BBC website is a good page to learn English because you can find there a lot of topics which include explanation, listening and quizez. Also I think it is a good option to complement the lessons that you have in the university...


Well, time's up
I have to go... See you then!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. yes in the BBC site we can see most of the news of the world and we realise that sometimes, we arenot so different from the rest of the countries.
    Also is a good page, because everything there is in english and we learnt new expressions, from the page and use them.

    kisse feña, take care and we see you on monday.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Feña,

    The first thing that I did when I visited this site was, guess what? exercises about listening and pronunciation. With this web site I hope to improve my english to pass my subjects in the University...

    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fifi,
    As said Andrés, the first thing that I did was the same. I saw videos about pronunciation. It's very interesting.
    I recommend you see the part of recipe I know that you are going to see it.

    see you...

    ReplyDelete