Sunday, May 31, 2009

Do you think that our city in the future would be different? Do you think that those changes are going to be for a better or worst city?
You know what? I was looking for a very interesting webpage that shows "the city of the future". This city is called Victory City, and the idea is very interesting but really I think that it is an utopia. It is very difficult to have a city like that, we would have to go back the time and that is imposible.

My opinion about this city is that it would be very interesting to living in a place like that. Without polution, crime and over-crowding. Interesting, no? But, as I said before, it is imposible to living in a place like that because men is going to continue creating technological things and while our world go around those things, anything is going to be different.

I think that an innovative creation of that city would be the transportation means. The elevator and electric cars really impressed me. It would be fantastic to have electric cars able to be driven even by babies, it shows that they are going to be really safe.

In spite of the fact that I think that it is a wonderfull proyect, I think it is too idealistic and imposible to be real.

When I saw this webpage, somenthing that I thought inmediatly was about my city and I asked me. Could Santiago be different in the future? , Could be as Victoria City?. My answer to it was that maybe Santiago is goint to be very different, we would be full of building and there are going to be few "green spaces". I think that each year that passed we are worst, we, humans beings, are transforming this beatuful world in an uninhabitable one and that is horrible.

If you wanted to inform you about this proyect, you can do it vitising its webpage.
http://www.victorycities.com/

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, meaybe your write. but actually i've lost almost all my hopes in a better future so I don't see the problem on thinking about a perfect city... I mean it's not a sin to be idealistic or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that victory city is an interesting proyect. But only is an proyect. It can't be possible.

    ReplyDelete