Sunday, June 7, 2009

Motivation Essay


Hy everyone! You know what? I have to do an essay for my Language lesson at the university. It is going to try about something that is really important in education "motivation".

Motivation for me is not to give a star to children or a good mark to teenagers. It has to do with other things. Really, I disagree with extrinsic motivation. This semester for my “taller de experiencia laboral” lesson I have been reading a lot of interesting chapters about topics like that and others related to it. After reading that, I have concluded that extrinsic motivation is not a “real” motivation because, it is something that make to students act but it does not mean that are acting because they are motivated. For example, when the “motivation” is a mark, the students are able to do everything to get a good mark, as copy to a classmate and that is not good, because they are not learning.

I think the clue about this important topic in education is to find the way to motivate the class, but when I say motivate I talking about find the way to students get interested about the topics that they are going to learn. For example, in the case of Language lesson it is really interesting to us- students of English, it is really interesting to talk what we did on vacation in the language that we are learning- English because, in that way we feel motivated and it happens because we are linking our lifes- a topic that is important to us with what we are learning. In that sense, I think that we- Future English Teachers have many ways to motivate our future students, but not in a extrinsic way, I mean that we have the possibility of motivating them in a real way, that means that they want to learn, and that must be the most important thing, not get good marks.

To end, I would like to mention that I expect to include as many things related to it as I can and also examples. I think that it is a very good topic to discus and above all to us- Future teachers.

1 comment:

  1. a kind of boring??
    hahahaha actually I think that you have ready your essay :P wrote a lot.
    I dont know if i'll be able to ready completly but, as far as I've read I agree with you
    c'ya
    2morrow

    ReplyDelete